Picnic is based in Holborn, London. We encourage a combination of 🏠 and 🏢 working.
What is Picnic?
- Picnic exists to change the perception of advertising on mobile by bringing the high-quality ad experiences of social media to the open web. We build the most effective advertising products possible for advertiser, publishers and users, delivering intuitively engaging social display formats mid-article on premium mobile editorial content.
- Using industry lingo, we call ourselves The Social Display Marketplace
- We're a fast-growing, VC-backed but profitable startup with ambitions to scale our product around the world, improving advertiser performance and publisher revenue whilst ensuring we never compromise on the user's experience.
- Advertising is the lifeblood of the internet, providing revenue for high quality journalism and content; however, despite providing free content, the user's experience is often ignored. As a team, we're passionate about ensuring digital ads work for the user, as well as the brand or publisher.
What is the role?
You'll be working in the Marketing Team, whose purpose is to promote Picnic’s product benefits and generate brand awareness to our advertiser, agency and publisher clients. You’ll be the second hire in this team, reporting into Scarlett, Senior Marketing Manager.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager and senior leadership to understand Picnic’s business strategy in order to create, execute and analyse marketing initiatives, and drive revenue growth for the business.
- Manage and develop the marketing calendar, executing tactical campaigns to support sales initiatives around key calendar moments - this includes owned and sponsored events, trade shows and promotional campaigns.
- Ensure all PR is amplified across appropriate channels to drive maximum awareness in market
- Work with the design team to brief and guide creative direction of stand-out collateral to support marketing activity
Approach and experience that will make you thrive:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner, across audiences with varying levels of expertise
- Strong analytical skills - able to review marketing initiatives, as well as identity and forecast trends and challenges
- An innovative thinker with an eye for creativity
- Strong planning and time management skills, with high attention to detail
- A good understanding of the media industry landscape
- A start-up mind-set; inquisitive and motivated by learning opportunities, with the ability to handle uncertainty and change.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a B2B marketing role
Why join Picnic?
Picnic is an ambitious, entrepreneurial and fulfilling environment where every contribution makes a direct, tangible difference to the company’s growth.
- Your salary will be benchmarked to be consistent across your level internally and the external market rate for your role 💸
- You'll have 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and 3 days between Christmas/NYE ⛱️
- You can work from another country (in a similar timezone) for a few weeks every year 🌎.
- You'll have a fresh new MacBook as well as any accessories which help you work better from your home 💻
- We're investing a lot in our people right now, building out a clear progression framework, competitive and consistent salary ranges, and spending time embedding our values into everyday Picnic life 🙌.
- A full benefits programme is currently being implemented ❤️
Want to apply?
Please send a 200 word cover letter or a 60 seconds 'cover video' as well as your CV to the following email - [ATS Email Address]