Picnic is HQ’d in London and launching in NYC. We encourage a combination of 🏠 and 🏢 working.
What is Picnic?
- Picnic exists to change the perception of advertising on mobile by bringing high-quality ad experiences of social media to the open web. We build the most effective advertising products possible for advertiser, publishers and users, delivering intuitively engaging social display formats mid-article on premium mobile editorial content.
- Using industry lingo, we call ourselves The Social Display Marketplace
- We're a fast-growing, VC-backed but profitable startup with ambitions to scale our product around the world, improving advertiser performance and publisher revenue whilst ensuring we never compromise on the user's experience.
- Advertising is the lifeblood of the internet, providing revenue for high quality journalism and content; however, despite providing free content, the user's experience is often ignored. As a team, we're passionate about ensuring digital ads work for the user, as well as the brand or publisher.
What is the role?
You'll be one of the first hires in the USA, growing our American business from scratch. With 25 people to support you in the UK, you will work with and report into Matt, the CEO, who is moving to NYC.
- First person on the ground in the USA, this role is crucial for growing Picnic's nascent USA business.
- The core initial responsibility will be securing clients, selling into media agencies and advertisers on the East Coast.
- As we secure our first clients, this role will evolve into a senior leadership position with the remit of hiring and managing an exceptional team across the USA.
- The ideal candidate will have incredibly strong media sales experience and the scrappy, entrepreneurial hunger to build a business from scratch.
Approach and experience that will make you thrive:
- Demonstrable track record of growing a pipeline from zero with a proven ability to close deals and achieve targets.
- Strong contact list and experience to quickly deliver on sales targets.
- Ability to articulate complex ad tech solutions in to a concise and understandable pitch.
- Tenacious and entrepreneurial attitude with the hunger to build a business from scratch
- Detail orientated, process driven and analytical approach with the ability to build accurate sales targets and communicate pipeline performance to C-level and Board of Directors
- Empathetic and committed manager who can managed a large, distributed workforce
- 7+ years media sales experience
- 2+ years experience managing a team
Why join Picnic?
Picnic is an ambitious, entrepreneurial and fulfilling environment where every contribution makes a direct, tangible difference to the company’s growth.
- Your salary will be benchmarked to be consistent across your level internally and the external market rate for your role 💸
- You'll have 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and 3 days between Christmas/NYE ⛱️
- Health Insurance
- You can work from another country (in a similar timezone) for a few weeks every year 🌎.
- You'll have a fresh new MacBook as well as any accessories which help you work better from your home 💻
- We're investing a lot in our People right now, building out a clear Picnic progression framework, competitive and consistent salary ranges, and spending time embedding our values into everyday Picnic life 🙌.
- A full benefits programme is currently being implemented ❤️
Want to apply?
Please upload your CV on the following link - https://apply.workable.com/j/D7B7F83CAC